unisa logo


UCL MSc in Global Management of Natural Resources - FAQs for UCL students

The University of South Australia is excited to be offering a joint masters program with University College London (UCL). This page is for UCL students already enrolled in the program. If you would like more information about the program and how to apply, please visit the UCL website.

Please visit our International Student Services page for everything you need to know about both preparing for your semester in Adelaide and important information for when you are here.

Before coming to Australia

  • Do I need health insurance? As an international student in Australia, you are required to have Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the entire duration of your study in Australia. This will be arranged by UniSA when you accept your offer to study here. >> Find out more 
  • What fees will I need to pay? Your course fees have been covered by your payments to UCL. You will, however, need to cover the costs of your own overseas health cover (see point above), airfares, living and accommodation expenses.
  • How do I apply for a visa to study in Australia?  Whilst living in Australia it is crucial that you always have a valid student visa. >> Find out more
  • Is there a pre-departure session in the UK? Yes, there will be a pre-departure session to cover topics about studying at the University of South Australia, living in Adelaide and finding accommodation.
  • How do I apply to UniSA? This process is still being developed, however you will deal directly with UCL on this and there will be no need to apply to UniSA directly.
  • Do I need to submit an IELTS/TOEFL results as part of my application to UniSA? No, as you have already met the English language requirements of the UCL program you do not need to provide further evidence.
  • I have specific questions related to my situation. Who do I contact? Fiiadmin@unisa.edu.au

Settling in to Adelaide

  • Can you tell me more about Adelaide? Discover the best of city living in an affordable and relaxed environment. Find out why Adelaide is highly regarded for its world-class education system and lifestyle. >> Find out more
  • Which UniSA campus will I be studying on? The UCL/UniSA program will be based at the Mawson Lakes Campus. The campus is located 20 minutes from the Adelaide city centre, on Mawson Lakes Boulevard in Adelaide‚Äôs northern suburbs. >> Find out more
  • How do I find accommodation? UniSA can help you access a range of long and short term housing opportunities to suit different budgets. Some of your options include private rentals, student hostels, residential colleges, student apartments and homestays. >> Find out more 
  • Can I work in Australia? In general, your student visa allows you to work up to 40 hours per fortnight during the academic year and full-time during official university semester breaks. If you work more hours than this, you will be in breach of visa conditions and your visa may be cancelled. >> Find out more
  • Is there a student orientation session in Australia? Upon arrival in Australia an orientation session will be run by the Future Industries Institute staff to assist you with settling in to Adelaide.
  • How do I enrol? There will be details of the courses you are to enrol in provided to you in your offer letter.